Roaming profiles not syncing RRS feed

• Question

• At our school, we made the move from Mac's to Windows machines this last year.  They shipped with Win 7 on them and we are running a Server 2012.  I set up each teacher with a Roaming profile so it would sync and if anything happened to their machine and we needed to replace it they could log into a different one and have all their things there.   We have had some issues with the profiles.  Either them corrupting, or the machine log in with a temp profile, and I can not fix it some of them by following multiple references on delete the profile and letting it reload.  The big thing I'm see seems that the profiles aren't syncing.  When some of our users delete or add things from their desktop,  the next time they log in to the same machine it is reverting back to information that they had there months ago.  Trying to figure out the best solve this issue.  The solution that I have heard most is make them go to local profiles.  Any other suggestions would be great.  Not sure if maybe it is a permission issue on the server.  
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 4:20 PM

All replies

• Check event viewer and see whether is there any warning or error related to this there.

Also check log files for domain controller and Active Directory in server side too.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 8:18 PM
  • Hi,

Are there any error messages or warning pop-up appear?
    Are there any error codes recorded in the Event Viewer(Windows Logs\Applications, Setup, System)?

Did the issue occur on every account or every device? Did the issue occur randomly or all the time?

If the issue occur with all accounts, I suspect you may misconfigure the roaming profile. Please refer to the following link to configure roaming profile.
    Deploy Roaming User Profiles
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj649079(v=ws.11).aspx

Please try to access the roaming profile share folder from Windows Explorer to ensure the network folder is available. Try to ping the share folder server both with the server name and the IP address.
    Roaming User Profile Lost and User Left with Temporary Profile
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc978339.aspx

Best regards,
    Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Tuesday, April 11, 2017 2:28 AM
    Friday, March 24, 2017 1:36 AM