none
Event ID 11: driver detected a controller error on Device \Device\Harddisk1\DR2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    Today I was looking at Windows event report and I noted 5 errors indicating the hard disk as source.
    The error said: Event ID 11: driver detected a controller error on Device \Device\Harddisk1\DR2.
    All errors occurred 07-06-2009 every some seconds. In that moment, I think system was at suspend mode, but I'm not sure. Anyway I didn't noticed any strange or instability.
    Two weeks ago I used Seatool to check for errors and both, short and advanced test were passed.
    Today I ran Seatool again but only short test and again passed.
    I also tested with chkdsk/r to check boot sectors and no errors.
    Tomorrow I'll do an extended test again but I think it'll go okay too.
    Thanks. 
    -MSI K9A2 Platinum BIOS V1.8 -AMD Phenom X4 9950 @2.7 -MSI HD 4850 -4 GB DDR2 Kingston @667 -Seagate 160 GB SATAII -Cooler Master Real Power Pro 550W
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 6:32 AM

Answers

• Thanks for your reply.
    Finally I found that the reason of this error was a pendrive I put on USB port and that Windows told me to repair it because it contains problems. Indeed I plugged out the device wrongly because when I saved a .txt document, notepad crashed.
    Windows Disk Manager (I don't know the exact name in English) recognize my hard disk as 0 and the log said disk 1 (I assume it was the pendrive).
    Regards.
    -MSI K9A2 Platinum BIOS V1.8 -AMD Phenom X4 9950 @2.7 -MSI HD 4850 -4 GB DDR2 Kingston @667 -Seagate 160 GB SATAII -Cooler Master Real Power Pro 550W
    • Marked as answer by Adam M MCP Tuesday, June 9, 2009 9:11 PM
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 8:18 PM

All replies

• Hello jadraker,

Open Action Center and run the troubleshooting tool to test disks and controllers for conflicts.   The driver may stall during suspend mode as you said.
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 8:11 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.
    Finally I found that the reason of this error was a pendrive I put on USB port and that Windows told me to repair it because it contains problems. Indeed I plugged out the device wrongly because when I saved a .txt document, notepad crashed.
    Windows Disk Manager (I don't know the exact name in English) recognize my hard disk as 0 and the log said disk 1 (I assume it was the pendrive).
    Regards.
    • Marked as answer by Adam M MCP Tuesday, June 9, 2009 9:11 PM
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 8:18 PM