none
where search results are displayed RRS feed

• Question

• As of yesterday, July 14th, when I conduct a search, the results show up down in my taskbar instead of on my screen and all searches are maintained down there and I have to manually close each one. What has happened and how do I fix. Google is my default browser. I have IE11 and windows 8.1
    Wednesday, July 15, 2015 8:52 AM

All replies

• when I conduct a search, the results show up down in my taskbar

This doesn't sound like an IE issue but it would definitely help if you would disclose what "when I conduct a search" entails and give more detail about what exactly you see "down in" your Taskbar.  For example, one interpretation of what you have given us so far is that you are using IE to search from the Address bar and that is causing a new IE window to open which you then see represented only in the Taskbar.  That example could be easily simulated by having new tabs open new windows in the background instead, e.g. using certain combinations of Tab options.  One way of having a Search open in a new tab or window is to press Alt-Enter when submitting your query; so another possible explanation would be that your keyboard had an Alt- key that was sticking when you pressed Enter.  Etc.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 5:06 PM
    Answerer
  • @Robert, sounds like the Chrome App Launcher.

.... but I can't insert the screen shot. Regards.

Rob^_^

Thursday, July 16, 2015 2:03 AM
  • Hi,

We hope your issue has been resolved.

If your issue still persists, a photo might be helpful for better understanding your issue. If you cannot post in forum, you could share it with one drive and post link here.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 20, 2015 1:44 AM
  • 呢号@Deason

there seems to be a problem inserting images into posts .... I will try again now....

.... as you can see no image has been uploaded to the server...

In the insert image dialog I get

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/-1

as the file url. Clearly the generated file name function is returning false. At this stage, this is the only forum I have attempted to upload an image on.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Monday, July 20, 2015 3:36 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your feed back, I've noticed that and I think someone has reported it to forum.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 2:55 AM