none
Have Pinned site shortcut open in full screen mode (not maximized) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.  I'm currently in the testing phases of migrating all of our users from a locally installed client version of their email to a web version of their email.  I'd really like the webmail version to look more like an application than a website.  Is there any way to make the pinned site shortcut (not all sites) open in full screen mode when double clicked?  Another wish list item would be for the URL field to be removed from it as well.  Chrome provides this functionality by making a site into an application, but then any link you click on within your email opens up in Chrome and thats a deal breaker for me.  Does anyone know if this is possible in internet explorer 9?  Thanks in advance
    Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:47 PM

All replies

• any way to make the pinned site shortcut (not all sites) open in full screen mode when double clicked?

I think it does which is a surprise.  E.g. if you last closed an IE window in Fullscreen mode it can open up again in Fullscreen mode.  This may be in response to user complaints about Maximized mode which would still be a problem because that is the OS doing.  However, even there it has always been possible to open a window from a shortcut in Maximized mode.  The problem is that any windows spawned from that one will have the original window's Normal mode attributes in terms of size and shape.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, September 26, 2014 4:07 PM
    Answerer
  • iexplore.exe -k [url]

Rob^_^

Monday, September 29, 2014 12:17 AM