Outlook email so slow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I use outlook 2016 and system use mapi.

Sending an email can take 4 hour or even one day to go. Not alway in order.

Receiving it take anormal time to.

I realize that when i use email adresse for send and receive that was almost no mail inside that was really fast.

I also realize that if i use a mapi compatible program that open outlook for sending email, its even more slow and some time didt even send it at all without any error.

If you got idea what that caming from, im in.

Curently i got idea to reset email for all user.

But they want to be able to access old email.

How can i backup all email for they will still be easy accesible in outlook, but that make empty mail server.

In other word, I want to delete all email but that they still accesible in outlook in a backup folder or something like that that will not affect sending receinving email time.

Thanks.

Thursday, June 21, 2018 7:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, your question is maily about Outlook, so, I had moved your thread to TechNet – Outlook IT Pro Discussions forum. Relate product expert may provide you suggestion.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 22, 2018 2:48 AM
  • Hi Julie Lavoie,

Does this issue occur to all users?

>>How can i backup all email for they will still be easy accesible in outlook, but that make empty mail server.

We could export all the items to pst files.Please refer to the details in this link.

After exporting, we could open PST files in Outlook via File > Open&Export > Open Outlook Data Files. It will not sync to the server.

If you want all the new-received messages saved in local PST file, we could create a rule to move messages to Archive folder.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, June 22, 2018 7:15 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, June 26, 2018 1:09 AM
    Friday, June 22, 2018 7:14 AM
  • Hi Julie Lavoie,

Are there any updates with this issue?

Please feel free to tell me if you have further concern.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 25, 2018 1:37 AM
  • Hi Julie Lavoie,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. If the information above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, June 28, 2018 7:11 AM