SfB External Access RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I installed Sfb server and I have problem with external access\

I created A record lyncdiscover.mydomain.com in my external DNS settings and autodiscovery srv record with port 443 targeting to lyncdiscover.mydomain.com when I'm testing autodiscovery web service with microsoft remote connectivity analyzer test is successful, but in remote connectivity test this error occurs, please any help

Sunday, March 6, 2016 1:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Your screen shot is too small to make out, but I can see reference to a sipinternaltls SRV record, this shouldn't exist in your external DNS. You have A records for sipinternal and sipexternal, these are also a little weird in terms of names and I wouldn't normally expect to see these. Yut aur external DNS looks wrong, above and beyond that you'll need to provide way more background information.

I'd speculate that if your DNS records are incorrect as I reference above, then then the other required configuration for external access such as certificates and firewall rules might also be incorrect - if you provide further information on your edge server FQDN's and your current DNS records then someone here will be able to verify your requirements and configuration.

Kind regards
    Ben

Note: If you find a post informative, please mark it so using the arrow to the left. If it answers a question you've asked, please mark the thread as answered to aid others when they're looking for solutions to similar problems or queries.

• Edited by Ben Donaldson Sunday, March 6, 2016 10:12 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Eason Huang Monday, March 7, 2016 2:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eason Huang Monday, March 21, 2016 2:37 AM
    Sunday, March 6, 2016 10:12 PM
  • Hi,

If it is the DNS issue, you can login external manually instead of automatically. Then you can direct connect to the Edge Server Access service.

To check the external DNS record, you can refer to the link below:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn951397.aspx

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 7, 2016 2:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Your screen shot is too small to make out, but I can see reference to a sipinternaltls SRV record, this shouldn't exist in your external DNS. You have A records for sipinternal and sipexternal, these are also a little weird in terms of names and I wouldn't normally expect to see these. Yut aur external DNS looks wrong, above and beyond that you'll need to provide way more background information.

I'd speculate that if your DNS records are incorrect as I reference above, then then the other required configuration for external access such as certificates and firewall rules might also be incorrect - if you provide further information on your edge server FQDN's and your current DNS records then someone here will be able to verify your requirements and configuration.

Kind regards
    Ben

Note: If you find a post informative, please mark it so using the arrow to the left. If it answers a question you've asked, please mark the thread as answered to aid others when they're looking for solutions to similar problems or queries.

• Edited by Ben Donaldson Sunday, March 6, 2016 10:12 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Eason Huang Monday, March 7, 2016 2:06 AM
    Sunday, March 6, 2016 10:12 PM
  • Hi,

If it is the DNS issue, you can login external manually instead of automatically. Then you can direct connect to the Edge Server Access service.

To check the external DNS record, you can refer to the link below:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn951397.aspx

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 7, 2016 2:20 AM