none
Event Viewer Disk Alerts - DPM 2016 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Just curious if anyone using DPM 2012R2 or DPM 2016 has any of these alerts listed below. We upgraded DPM 2012R2 to 2016 UR1. Everything has been working fine and dandy so far except some minor hiccups. We have SCOM monitoring and I noticed these alerts are starting to pop up in SCOM. Not frequently but enough to raise suspicion. These three alerts from what I read relate to the hard drives. Currently we have no blinky lights or any other indication that we have failing drives except these alerts. I looked into just about everything I could and ran what diagnostic tools I could for the hard disks. All tests came back with no issues. I did notice in Event Viewer under Windows Logs -> Application there are defrag operations going on when the other errors take place but not every time so I feel this is just a coincidence.

The purpose of this post was to find out if anyone else is seeing these alerts and is this related to how MBR (Modern Backup Recovery) functions?

Windows Logs -> System

Level: Error

Source: Filter Manager

Event ID: 3

General: Filter Manager failed to attach to volume '\Device\Harddisk9\DR59'.  This volume will be unavailable for filtering until a reboot.  The final status was 0xC03A001C.

Level: Warning

Source: Disk

Event ID: 51

General: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk10\DR224 during a paging operation.

Level: Warning

Source: Disk

Event ID: 153

General: The IO operation at logical block address 0x3f259 for Disk 6 (PDO name: \Device\00000431) was retried.

• Edited by renegade34g Thursday, December 29, 2016 7:31 PM
    Thursday, December 29, 2016 5:36 PM

All replies

• I see them on DPM 2016, and plenty of them.
    Tuesday, January 3, 2017 12:54 PM
  • Same issue reported here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/b521ed8a-937a-4c01-9ede-6633ae1c32ca/the-vhd-containing-the-replica-or-one-of-its-snapshots-could-not-be-mounted-or-unmounted-id?forum=dataprotectionmanager

Evidently Microsoft is looking into it and soliciting more info.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 12:57 AM