Left Navigation Bar Does Not Appear RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:

When using ProClarity Wed Standard to view one report in a series of reports (these are fine) from the same cube, the left navigation bar does not appear.  The following message is provided by IE:

Line: 253

Char: 34

Error: ‘session’ is undefined

Code: 0

What causes this type of error and what can be done to fix it? 

Thanks,

Tim

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 4:40 PM

Answers

• That is interesting indeed, especially considering that Firefox isn't a supported browser for PAS. 

There are a couple of things I would try to see if it makes a difference in the behavior you're seeing.  The first item would be to clear all temp files from within IE, and then clear the PAS cache.  Reset IIS and test again.  Sometimes a session variable in a javascript file will get stored in the browser and/or in the PAS cache that is not longer valid, and clearing those files out can resolve the issue.

The other item I would recommend, given that the problem only appears for the one view, would be to build the view from scratch and publish it as a new view to PAS.

I hope one of these will allow you to make some headway.

Friday, February 15, 2008 9:15 PM

All replies

• Tim.K,

Try separating PAS off into its own Application Pool.  If that doesn't help, I would try disabling connection pooling in the global.asa file - but only if running SSAS 2005, not AS 2000.

-Joey

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 5:39 PM
  • Hi Joey,

Thanks for the feedback.  We tried making this change and the results remained the same.  Any suggestions?

And yes, these reports point at AS 2000.

Tim

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 7:46 PM
  • Tim,

What version of ProClarity Analytics Server are you running?  What version if IE?  Can you recreate the view that is failing, publish it to PAS, and see if it works?  What type of view is it - a chart?  Other?  Do other views of this type work?  Does this happen for all users on all computers? 

I'm not sure what is causing this error.  Go ahead and disable connection pooling by uncommenting the

'Pool.EnableConnectionSharing = False ' line in the global.asa file in the PAS folder.  This may cause a performance issue with AS 2000, so you may want to try this in your test environment. 

-Joey 

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 11:32 PM
  •  

Joey:

We are running 6.2.204.204 and our users view the data grid via IE7.  This problem appears on all machines that view the data. 

What is odd about this problem is that it is isolated to one report out of the many we publish.  All others work fine. 

To top it off, I can view the report in Firefox without a problem.  For now I have directed the user to do the same.

Tim

Thursday, February 14, 2008 7:57 PM
  • That is interesting indeed, especially considering that Firefox isn't a supported browser for PAS. 

There are a couple of things I would try to see if it makes a difference in the behavior you're seeing.  The first item would be to clear all temp files from within IE, and then clear the PAS cache.  Reset IIS and test again.  Sometimes a session variable in a javascript file will get stored in the browser and/or in the PAS cache that is not longer valid, and clearing those files out can resolve the issue.

The other item I would recommend, given that the problem only appears for the one view, would be to build the view from scratch and publish it as a new view to PAS.

I hope one of these will allow you to make some headway.

Friday, February 15, 2008 9:15 PM
  • IE 7 is not supported until 6.3

-Joey

Friday, February 15, 2008 9:17 PM