Rules | Redirecting email except those that include the user's email address. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have some scenarios as follows:

James is no longer with the organization.  Lars needs James' email to be delivered to a separate folder called "James Inbox".  However, we need to ensure that email sent to James, with Lars in "To" or "CC", needs to be delivered to Lars's Inbox normally.

I've tried the following:

- "with specific words in the message header": James@email.com

- "move it to the specified folder": James folder

- except if my name is in the To or Cc box

James' email address has been setup as an Alias for Lars's email address.

This rule works, and delivers email sent to James in the appropriate folder.  Except when I setup the exception, in which case, all email just gets delivered to Lars' primary Inbox.  

Is there a correct way to do this?

Thanks,

Rudy

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 4:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Rudy,

According to my research and test, it is sugegsted to select "except if the message header contains specific words" rather than "except if my name is in the To or Cc box". Because the the latter may not be accurate.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 2:44 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 18, 2019 6:38 AM
  • Hi,

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information. This will make answer searching in the forum easier!

Request/Expectation:

Set rule: Redirecting email except those that include the user's email address.

Solution Summary:

It is sugegsted to select "except if the message header contains specific words" rather than "except if my name is in the To or Cc box". Because the the latter may not be accurate.

Reference Links:

No.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 6:45 AM