none
Project Server Does not support dynamic scheduling? RRS feed

• Question

• So that's my question in brief.

I have a MS Project file that we have created according to our project, and many of the tasks have dynamic predecessor, fore example 14SF+3d thats like after finishing task 14 and another 3 days.

Now I want to add my project to the project sever, now is where the problem arises. All of the fields, having dynamic scheduling are gone and only simple predecessor fields remain. This made me think that may be Project Server does not support dynamic scheduling at all.

Is my understanding correct or am I doing something wrong in here?

Please any help is appreciated.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 6:54 PM

All replies

• Mohammad,

Project Server absolutely works with dynamic scheduling. What I think you are seeing is either a bug or something worng with the process of loading the scheudle into the enterprise.

Can you give us some more details? How did you get the schedule into Project Server? Where exactly are you seeing your truncated predecessors? 

Edit: Also which CU are you on? Looks like February 2015 Update fixes a similar issue. https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/projectsupport/2015/02/11/microsoft-project-server-2010-and-2013-february-2015-pu-announcement/

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 7:29 PM