none
DPM cannot communicate with agent RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a Microsoft DPM 2016 Server. It cannot communicate with one of the agents. I have no problem communicating with other agents in the same domain. I tried to setup an allow all firewall rule for the DPM server, but it doesn't work and I get the following error:

Protection agent version: 5.0.342.0
    Error: Data Protection Manager Error ID: 308
     The protection agent operation failed because DPM could not communicate with the Protection Agent service on XX.com.
    Detailed error code: The RPC server is unavailable (0x800706BA)
    Recommended action: If you recently installed a protection agent on wm4.my-hosting-panel.com, the computer may be restarting. Wait a few minutes after restarting the computer for the protection agent to become available. If the problem persists, do the following:
    1) Verify that XX.com is remotely accessible from the DPM server.
    2) If a firewall is enabled on XX.com, verify that it is not blocking requests from the DPM server.
    3) If XX.com is a workgroup server the password for the DPM user accounts may have changed or expired. To resolve this error, run SetDpmServer with the -UpdatePassword flag on the protected computer and Update-NonDomainServerInfo.ps1 on the DPM server.
    4) Restart the DPM Protection Agent service on XX.com. If the service fails to start, uninstall the protection agent by using Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel on XX.com. Then in the Management task area, on the Agents tab, in the Actions pane, click Install to reinstall the protection agent on XX.com.

Friday, December 8, 2017 7:29 PM