New Vista install, not booting, blue screen HELP! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello and thanks in advance! Here is my problem

Last night I decided to reformat my hard drive (it was already vista) and perform a clean sweep to pretty much just clear up some space because I was too lazy to delete a million 100 mb files hidden throughout my computer. Anyways, I reinstalled and put all the drivers on, one by one, I then noticed that every couple of minutes, vista locked up. I thought maybe it was my monitor since its very old. So I pulled my PC out of the desk and put in my 22 inch LCD that I was previously using for my xbox. The screen went black and I figured I just needed the drivers for the monitor grabbed the cd, popped it in, and rebooted. It offered me if I wanted to go to safe mode, I clicked yes so I could install the driver with ease, the safemode loading screen said please wait for about 5 minutes and I realized it wasn't going anywhere, I tried multiple times and then put the vista install CD in to repair the startup, I go into the startup repair and was recommended to use a system restore, I used that, I waited while that was happening and sadly there was a power outage (off and on type) I turned the comp back on and tried to boot to CD again, I got a blue screen, It didnt really tell me what the error was and in the code at the bottom it was mostly 0's (like x_000000 x_00000 for the technical code) I tried booting into every mode after that and it would get to the green loading bar and my computer would just randomly restart. Now I'm stuck without a PC (the one im typing on is my younger sisters, a very weak comp) and its driving me nuts!!! I don't know what to do since I cant boot to anything. Please help!
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 3:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,
      The cause for the problem you are facing is with the drivers you have installed.  Some driver is causing the problem(Blue Screen of Death). Format the entire HardDisk with the Vista DVD, and try to install Windows Vista. Install drivers one by one. After installing each driver, you restart ur PC. By doing this you will come to know, which driver is causing problem, and check the same with the hardware manfacturer.
    Thanks & Regards Roopesh Reddy
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 5:24 PM
  • Thanks for the quick answer, However, there is a problem with your solution, I cannot boot into CD when I boot into CD it says Windows is loading files, it finishes and then goes to a green bar loading thing, and the the blue screen of death happens , are there any alternative solutions?
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 7:00 PM