none
disable the Alt+Tab thumbnail preview

Question

• I was able to get around the taskbar thumbnail preview by doing regkey with the ExtendedUIHover setting, I've tried gpedit and other settings in the windows but none had shed any light.

However, what bothers me more is the Alt+Tab thumbnail preview which is more of an annoyance to me, please dont tell me to go back to Win7 basic themes otherwise I wouldn't be here asking a way to work around this.

Thank you in advance

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:07 AM

Answers

• You can set the "classic" Alt+Tab as default following this registry hack:

Open Regedit and browse to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer. Create a DWORD value AltTabSettings and set it to 1.

Microsoft MVP Windows Desktop Experience
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Thursday, May 20, 2010 6:07 AM
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 6:43 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• You can set the "classic" Alt+Tab as default following this registry hack:

Open Regedit and browse to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer. Create a DWORD value AltTabSettings and set it to 1.

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Thursday, May 20, 2010 6:07 AM
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 6:43 PM
    Answerer
  • worked flawlessly, thank you so much, btw is there a list of these "hacks" that I can browse around here on microsoft tech?

because I also want to disable the auto full-screen-stretch once dragged a window on the edge of the screen.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:50 PM
  • worked flawlessly, thank you so much, btw is there a list of these "hacks" that I can browse around here on microsoft tech?

because I also want to disable the auto full-screen-stretch once dragged a window on the edge of the screen.

Read this article by MVP Ramesh:

How to Enable and Disable Aero Snap (Docking) Feature in Windows 7

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/enable-and-disable-aero-snap-docking-windows-7/

Thursday, May 20, 2010 12:03 AM
    Answerer
  • works great
    Thursday, May 31, 2018 3:54 PM