Using MS-Edge to replace IE11 RRS feed

• Question

• I has been using Powershell 5 to work and manage webpages by something like below. Because IE seems being out of date. I am wondering if I can use MS-Edge instead. Does new version of Powershell has abilities to do that? Thanks

$ie = New-Object -com "InternetExplorer.Application"
    $ie.Top = 1
    $ie.Left = 3840
    $ie.Width = 900
    $ie.Height = 900
    $ie.visible = $true

$ie.Navigate("https://www.google.com")

$a = $ie.document.getElementsByTagName('a')

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:55 PM
  • You need to be aware that WebDriver is not a replacement for COM automation. It requires a fairly complex set of components to be installed and is designed to support web browser testing of web applications across browsers. It is not browser automation.

What WebDriver does can be better replaced by Invoke-WebRequest when trying to access web pages from any client.  For browser automation you will have to use vendor specific commands assuming the vendor provides them. The future of browser automation is to not allow this for security purposes beyond simple frame management if at all.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 6:22 PM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 6, 2019 9:05 AM