none
Sharepoint 2016 Powerview Reporting Service Issue

Question

• Hello

i deploy a report on powerpivot sharepoint site using powerview data source . 

Powerview report through the following error "sorry something went wrong" there are no address available for this application.

On SharePoint administration services , i checked the sql server reporting service services application, and found it started and need fix, i try to fix it and restart sharepoint server with no luck . 

the temporary solution is to run the following cmdlets on  SharePoint management shell:

get-spserviceinstance -all |where {$_.TypeName -like "SQL Server Reporting*"} | Start-SPServiceInstance

then restart IIS. 

but after few hours the problem return .

Regards

Amjad

amjad.suleiman@realsoft-me.com

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Realsoft,

For your issue, go to Central Admin > Application Management > Manage Services on Server:

Make sure SQL Server Reporting service, Managed meta data service and User profile services are started.

Do iisreset.

Refer to the following articles:

http://sureshpydi.blogspot.sg/2014/04/sharepoint-power-view-error-there-are.html

If the issue still exists, check the ULS log  to determine the exact cause of the error. ULS log is at:      
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\LOGS

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 9, 2017 10:35 AM
  • Hi Realsoft_Jordan,

Is there anything update?

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Saturday, March 18, 2017 9:02 AM