data warehouse monitor initial state data synchronization process failed to write state. RRS feed

• Question

• Data Warehouse monitor initial state data synchronization process failed to write state to the Data Warehouse database. Failed to store synchronization process state information in the Data Warehouse database. The operation will be retried.
    Exception 'SqlException': Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

One or more workflows were affected by this. 
    Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Synchronization.MonitorInitialState

Instance name: Data Warehouse Synchronization Service

Instance ID: {0FFB4A13-67B7-244A-4396-B1E6F3EB96E5}

Management group: SCOM2012R2BIZ

Could you please help me out of the issue?

• Edited by Ajith_Ava Tuesday, February 17, 2015 6:28 PM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2015 6:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

It seems like that you are encountering event 31552, you may check operation manager event logs for more information regarding to this issue.

There can be many causes of getting this 31552 event, such as:

• A sudden flood (or excessive sustained amounts) of data to the warehouse that is causing aggregations to fail moving forward. 
    • The Exchange 2010 MP is imported into an environment with lots of statechanges happening. 
    • Excessively large ManagedEntityProperty tables causing maintenance to fail because it cannot be parsed quickly enough in the time allotted.
    • Too much data in the warehouse staging tables which was not processed due to an issue and is now too much to be processed at one time.

Please go through the links below to get more information about troubleshooting this issue:

The 31552 event, or “why is my data warehouse server consuming so much CPU?”

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2010/08/30/the-31552-event-or-why-is-my-data-warehouse-server-consuming-so-much-cpu.aspx

FIX: Failed to store data in the Data Warehouse due to a Exception ‘SqlException': Timeout expired.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 8:32 AM
  • I have checked the operation manager event log. i got this event id error: 31553. Following details i have provided below. Please give a solution ASAP.

Data was written to the Data Warehouse staging area but processing failed on one of the subsequent operations.
    Exception 'SqlException': Sql execution failed. Error 2627, Level 14, State 1, Procedure ManagedEntityChange, Line 368, Message: Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'UN_ManagedEntityProperty_ManagedEntityRowIdFromDAteTime'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.ManagedEntityProperty'. The duplicate key value is (1173, Jan 12 2015  9:48AM). 

One or more workflows were affected by this.  

Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Synchronization.ManagedEntity 
    Instance name: Data Warehouse Synchronization Service 
    Instance ID: {0FFB4A13-67B7-244A-4396-B1E6F3EB96E5} 
    Management group: SCOM2012R2BIZ

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 1:43 PM
  • Hi,

Please follow the article below to troubleshoot this issue:

Performance data "missing" in the OpsMgr warehouse and Health Service Modules event 31553

http://blogs.technet.com/b/corydelamarter/archive/2014/08/12/performance-data-quot-missing-quot-in-the-opsmgr-warehouse-and-health-service-modules-event-31553.aspx

In addition, here is a similar thread for your reference:

Data Warehouse error EventID 31553 on RMS

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/3403402d-1231-4664-a828-79ce1024d51a/data-warehouse-error-eventid-31553-on-rms?forum=operationsmanagergeneralRegards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Thursday, February 26, 2015 6:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Friday, February 27, 2015 1:33 AM
    Friday, February 20, 2015 2:48 AM
  • You can apply update roll 4 for SCOM 2012R2 to fix this issue

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2992020

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer"Mai Ali | My blog: Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 10:11 AM