Password expiry notification is not being displayed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone!

My domain controller is on windows server 2008 R2 SP1 and clients have windows 7. I have set 40 days time period for expiry of client side password. In GPO settings i have defined that prompt should be displayed 3 days earlier to password expiry. However, some of my clients do not receive this notification and their password expires. 

Please give some suitable solution for this problem.

Regards,

Muhammad Tayyab

Thursday, September 19, 2013 7:39 PM

Answers

• Try changing it to the default 14 days and then check. If it's working fine, change it to 3 days and then check.

Balaji Kundalam

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, September 25, 2013 2:57 AM
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:00 PM
  • Hi,

you can configure password expiry through group policy 

Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Local Policies\Security Options under Interactive Logon: Prompt user to change password before expiration

and check the setting applied to user by using rsop command in client computer. try it this will helpful for you.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:21 PM
  • 3 days is a very short notification window.  In my experience, it's not uncommon for users to not login for 3 days.  For example, a users password is set to expire on a Monday and the user is out of the office the Friday before.  By the time they return to the office, the following week, their password expired before they had a chance to see the notification. 
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:54 PM

All replies

• Try changing it to the default 14 days and then check. If it's working fine, change it to 3 days and then check.

Balaji Kundalam

Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:00 PM
  • Hi,

you can configure password expiry through group policy 

Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Local Policies\Security Options under Interactive Logon: Prompt user to change password before expiration

and check the setting applied to user by using rsop command in client computer. try it this will helpful for you.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:21 PM
  • 3 days is a very short notification window.  In my experience, it's not uncommon for users to not login for 3 days.  For example, a users password is set to expire on a Monday and the user is out of the office the Friday before.  By the time they return to the office, the following week, their password expired before they had a chance to see the notification. 
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:54 PM
  • Hi,

I hope you have got useful suggestion from good guys above.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 23, 2013 1:47 AM