Lync Server 2010 Discovery - CMS not managed by SCOM RRS feed

• Question

• All,

I want to import the Lync Server management pack, thus I read the MP guide. Now I have some questions about the central discovery. In the guide it states that the CMS is the key to central discovery. What if the CMS is not in the same management group as the other servers/roles. Will this break the discovery? Is there a way around this?

Regards,

Mark Verbaas

Monday, June 20, 2011 12:13 PM

Answers

• If you cannot manage the Lync server roles, then, yes, you won't be able to manage lync from the management group you are using.  If the Lync servers are in a different management group, then you should manage them from there, as a suggestion.
    Microsoft Corporation
    • Proposed as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Monday, July 4, 2011 9:06 AM
    Monday, June 20, 2011 4:17 PM

All replies

• If you cannot manage the Lync server roles, then, yes, you won't be able to manage lync from the management group you are using.  If the Lync servers are in a different management group, then you should manage them from there, as a suggestion.
    Microsoft Corporation
    • Proposed as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Monday, July 4, 2011 9:06 AM
    Monday, June 20, 2011 4:17 PM
  • Dan, thank you for your quick reply. And this is exactly what I'm afraid for. The CMS is in a complete different domain (and country) than that I can (and may) manage with SCOM.

Regards,

Mark

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:22 AM