Access Denied error in Execute method of SPJobDefinition RRS feed

• Question

• My development environment has WFE and DB service running in a single server.

I develop my SPJobDefinition with VS2008 & WSPBuilder in the server.

However, My SPJob always throws out a exception like this: "Access Denied" within its method Execute.

The code in my Execute method of SPJob is just like this:

SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges (delegate(){

using(SPSite site = new SPSite("http://myserver"))

{

using(SPWeb web = site.RootWeb)

{

SPList list = web.Lists["Test"];//Here it will throwes out a error "Access Denied"

}

}

});

When i comment the code "SPList list = web.Lists["Test"]",it works fine.

Anybody can tell me how to solve it?

PS: My Windows Sharepoint Timer is running with local system account.
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 2:24 PM

Answers

• I'm not TOO sure about this answer, so test it out:

1. Because it's running in the job service, you may not need to RunWithElevated... remove that block and see if it runs. 

If not, try #2 (using your existing code):

2. In SharePoint Central Admin, change the account that runs the job service. Make it a farm admin.

Daniel Larson, SharePoint MVP, MS Press Author, NewsGator Software Developer Check out my books on Amazon: - Inside Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (with Ted Pattson) - Developing Service Oriented AJAX Applications on the Microsoft Platform (.NET 3.5, WCF, Microsoft AJAX)
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 2:34 PM

All replies

• I'm not TOO sure about this answer, so test it out:

1. Because it's running in the job service, you may not need to RunWithElevated... remove that block and see if it runs. 

If not, try #2 (using your existing code):

2. In SharePoint Central Admin, change the account that runs the job service. Make it a farm admin.

Daniel Larson, SharePoint MVP, MS Press Author, NewsGator Software Developer Check out my books on Amazon: - Inside Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (with Ted Pattson) - Developing Service Oriented AJAX Applications on the Microsoft Platform (.NET 3.5, WCF, Microsoft AJAX)
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 2:34 PM
  • It works!
    And i am so sorry that i did not mark your reply as answer timely for my internet service was broken off until today.

Thanks Paul & Daniel again,you make a great work!
    Sunday, May 24, 2009 2:25 PM