Stop pop-ups RRS feed

• Question

• Two LifeCam alerts come up everytime I start up Vista unless I have the webcam plugged in ("Now that software is installed, connect your webcam by plugging the USB....".

I want to stop these alerts come up. I tried to block them by using Windows Defender, but it doesn't allow me to choose "remove" for LifeCam.

What should I do??
    Sunday, September 14, 2008 11:10 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Since the LifeCam alerts keeps popping up while rebooting the Windows Vista, I suppose that some software or drivers should automatically run to invoke LifeCam in starting the computer and now we might first disable those startup items to see whether they cause the problem.

Let's perform a Clean Boot. A Clean Boot will allow us to isolate any device drivers or programs that are loading at startup that may be causing a conflict with other device drivers or programs that are installed in your computer.

Start Windows in Clean Boot mode

Note: You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group to complete this procedure.

1) Click Start.

2) Copy and paste "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in the Start Search box, and click Enter.

3) Switch to Services tab and then Check Hide All Microsoft Services.

4) Click Disable All.

5) Switch to the Startup tab and then Click Disable all.

6) Click OK.

7) Click Restart to restart the computer and test the issue.

If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service we have disabled. You can use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

If the problem persists, try reinstalling the hardware device.

Reinstall LifeCam camera

1) Go to Start-> Control Panel (Classic View) -> System icon, and click Device Manager on the left pane.

2) Right Click your LifeCam device and select Uninstall.

3) Unplug and plug the LifeCam camera onto the computer.

4) In the Device Manager, click the Scan for hardware changes button on the toolbar and let it scan your computer.

5) When the system finds the new device, please download and install the latest driver (Vista compatible) for your DVD device.

For your information, please download the latest driver for LifeCam (117M)

LifeCam 2.04 32-bit and 64-bit for Windows Vista

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/DownloadResult.aspx?category=ICE&type=Webcams&name=NX6000&os=WVista_32&lang=en

In addition, you might directly submit a service request for your hardware device on the following hyperlink.

http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance&c1=502&

Hope the information helps!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 10:33 AM

All replies

• Hi

It sounds like the installation may not have completed properly.

First thing, check to make sure you have the latest drivers / software installed for that device.

Go to the following website.

Software Download:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=ICE

Fill in the information and click GO.

Next, check the configuration options for that device. There should be something in there that will disable that notification.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer or Helpful button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Monday, September 15, 2008 12:57 AM
  • Hello,

Since the LifeCam alerts keeps popping up while rebooting the Windows Vista, I suppose that some software or drivers should automatically run to invoke LifeCam in starting the computer and now we might first disable those startup items to see whether they cause the problem.

Let's perform a Clean Boot. A Clean Boot will allow us to isolate any device drivers or programs that are loading at startup that may be causing a conflict with other device drivers or programs that are installed in your computer.

Start Windows in Clean Boot mode

Note: You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group to complete this procedure.

1) Click Start.

2) Copy and paste "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in the Start Search box, and click Enter.

3) Switch to Services tab and then Check Hide All Microsoft Services.

4) Click Disable All.

5) Switch to the Startup tab and then Click Disable all.

6) Click OK.

7) Click Restart to restart the computer and test the issue.

If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service we have disabled. You can use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

If the problem persists, try reinstalling the hardware device.

Reinstall LifeCam camera

1) Go to Start-> Control Panel (Classic View) -> System icon, and click Device Manager on the left pane.

2) Right Click your LifeCam device and select Uninstall.

3) Unplug and plug the LifeCam camera onto the computer.

4) In the Device Manager, click the Scan for hardware changes button on the toolbar and let it scan your computer.

5) When the system finds the new device, please download and install the latest driver (Vista compatible) for your DVD device.

For your information, please download the latest driver for LifeCam (117M)

LifeCam 2.04 32-bit and 64-bit for Windows Vista

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/DownloadResult.aspx?category=ICE&type=Webcams&name=NX6000&os=WVista_32&lang=en

In addition, you might directly submit a service request for your hardware device on the following hyperlink.

http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance&c1=502&

Hope the information helps!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 10:33 AM