none
DNS Dynamic Secure update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I want allow 3rd DHCP component to update the Active Directory integrated DNS zone. 

How to allow specify 3rd DHCP component update the DNS securely.

Is it possible provide access to particular IP address (3rd party DHCP Component)  

Regards,
    S Kannan

Rgds, S Kannan

Friday, August 24, 2018 8:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi S Kannan,

Thanks for your question.

Since you are using a third-party DHCP server, I can’t give an accurate answer. As far as I know, you can add the third-party DHCP server to the DnsUpdateProxy group (users in this group can dynamically update DNS records), but I'm not sure if this works.

Therefore, I recommend that you use non-secure update or contact your third-party software provider for help.

You can refer to the following link for detailed information:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/c558c90f-bebe-45d7-94df-fb1d8a7f5129/microsoft-dns-and-3rd-party-dhcp-infoblox?forum=winserveripamdhcpdns

Best Regards,

Leon

Monday, August 27, 2018 8:11 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Leon

Monday, September 10, 2018 2:19 AM
  • Hi S Kannan,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the information provided should be helpful. If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Best Regards,

Leon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 2:35 AM