none
MAP 6.5 - Update Machines Found RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

Currently I'am working on a Project that needs the inventory of the software used in the company. For this reason, I have been using MAP 6.5. However, everytime I run the inventory, in the Status Windows appears new machines with success but the number in the reports do not increase and remains the same.

Do you have any specific reason?

Regards

Maia

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 2:33 PM

All replies

• A machine only needs 1 object collected for it to qualify as successful. This is because the collection of 1 object over WMI or SSH proves that MAP can successfully connect to that machine with the appropriate service, WMI or SSH, and that no problems with a firewall or stopped service exist. So the success you see in the status screen will include previously successful machines and machines that previously failed but are now accessible.

Sometimes MAP is unable to collect all of the objects it expects to collect during an inventory because of network issues or various other reasons. Those objects get flagged for collection the next time MAP is run, so the machine is included in the "Retrying from previous inventory" count in subsequent runs. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, June 8, 2012 1:39 AM