Issue with metadata navigation collapsing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have an issue with metadata navigation.

I have set up term sets and terms in a site and I have tagged  a large number of wiki pages with terms in this structure. I have an issue that when a page is clicked, the navigation tree collapses. What can I do to make sure the the navigation tree does not collapse. I have seen a solution where the developer has written code to reference to MetadataNavTree control. This is done in the Enterprisewiki.aspx page. I have tried the same thing in my case and does not work. This could be because the Enterprisewiki. aspx page is in  the parent site and not on the site where the metadata navigation structure sits. Could you  please guide me in this?.

Thank you for your help!

Priya

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I understand that you want the metadata navigation to expand by default .You can achieve this by taking the actions below:

1.       Open C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\CONTROLTEMPLATES\ MetadataNavTree.ascx .Make a copy of this file before make any changes .

2.       Open the file and find the line: ExpandDepth="0" .Change the 0 to another number ,such as 5 as in my test .

3.       Then save the changes . Refresh the page and  the metadata navigation will expand by default .

Thanks,

Entan Ming

• Marked as answer by Priya Stanley Thursday, October 27, 2011 10:30 PM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 5:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I understand that you want the metadata navigation to expand by default .You can achieve this by taking the actions below:

1.       Open C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\CONTROLTEMPLATES\ MetadataNavTree.ascx .Make a copy of this file before make any changes .

2.       Open the file and find the line: ExpandDepth="0" .Change the 0 to another number ,such as 5 as in my test .

3.       Then save the changes . Refresh the page and  the metadata navigation will expand by default .

Thanks,

Entan Ming

• Marked as answer by Priya Stanley Thursday, October 27, 2011 10:30 PM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 5:47 AM
  • Thanks a lot Entan. I have tried this out and it works wonderfully.

Also I have another question regarding  a tree view with a document libray. I seem to have the same problem as with the metadata structure. When I click a link in a sub folder in the tree , the tree collapses. Will the same procedure as the above work?

Thanks for your help!. Very much appreciated.

Priya

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 11:26 PM