Outlook 2013 - Does the spell checker check signatures that have been inserted via Insert-->Signature command? RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a number of Signatures that i use as templates for emails I am sending out and while the templates have been spellchecked prior to being saved, if I make any changes or additions to the signature prior to sending the email it does not seem that the spell checker is catching any of these changes.  Is there a way or setting that will cause Outlook to re-check the signature part of the email before sending.

Here is a generic example of one my signature templates. After inserting the signature into a new email I would fill in the appropriate specific info such as name and order number and add any additional text (refer to italics below).  The added text does not seem to get spell checked when added this way within the body of the inserted signature.

Dear Bob,

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Your Order Number is : 12345

Blah blah blah blah blah...

Thank you,

John Smith,

Sales Company 123

Address, State, Zip

<style><br _moz_dirty="" /></style>

Friday, April 20, 2018 8:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Pandathebear,

According to my test and research, Outlook don't spell check signatures as signatures use a special, hidden style.  This is by design.

As a workaround, we could create message templates or use Quick Steps. Please refer to the following articles for more details.

Create an email message template

Automate common or repetitive tasks with Quick Steps

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, April 23, 2018 7:10 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, April 24, 2018 9:36 AM
    Monday, April 23, 2018 7:09 AM
  • Hi Pandathebear,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. If the above information was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 1:51 AM
  • Hi Pandathebear,

I'm wondering if the workaround above work for you.

If yes, I'd like to recommend you to mark it as answer so that this case could be closed. 

Thank you for your understanding and support!

Regards,

Perry

Friday, April 27, 2018 6:59 AM
  • Hi Pandathebear,

Haven't heard from you for several days. Was this issue solved now?

If you have found the solution, would you mind sharing the fix here so that it will benefit other users a lot?

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 1:25 AM