Changing to a formerly used password RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I changed my Microsoft account password because a friend of mine borrowed my computer. Now that i got my computer back I really want to change it back, but it seems almost impossible.... I've already tried to reset the password but though i still cant use formerly used passwords. Is there any possible way to get your old password back??

Friday, May 9, 2014 7:43 AM

All replies

•      I'm guessing that Bing, Google, or a similar search engine's SERP brought you here with your question, but this is not the correct forum for such a post.  Social TechNet is geared primarily towards system/database administrators and other IT professionals, and this particular forum is strictly for EMET (the Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit), thus you're unlikely to receive any response here.  Microsoft does provide appropriate resources to help with your problem, however - I'd suggest asking your question in the Answers Community Forums, which you can do @ Create a new question or start a discussion-Security, Privacy, and Accounts.  Please note that the page linked here is pre-populated for Windows 7, so you should change the drop-down dialog box"Windows Version" selection as appropriate; you may want to choose "Accounts" from the "Windows Sub-topics" drop-down.  It's probably worth noting that how a question is asked can affect the response one receives; to this end I find that the Wiki article created by Wiki Author, Community Moderator, and MVP ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP), "Effective questions get help faster!!", the Microsoft Knowledge Base KB555375 article "Suggestions for asking a question on help forums", and this portion of the Microsoft Community FAQ page: "Asking a Question or Starting a Discussion" are all quite useful.

AFAIK, you can't reuse a former password for a Microsoft Account (for various security reasons), but you might get a more-definitive response @ the Microsoft Account Support page by selecting the "My problem isn't listed here" link, which will redirect to a "Get Support" form.

• Edited by Dogtamer Saturday, May 10, 2014 3:52 PM syntax
    Saturday, May 10, 2014 3:40 PM