none
IPAM scheduled tasks from the GPO? Important or not? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I followed the basic guide from microsoft to install and configure IPAM. I did chose for the automatic creation of my GPO's to get the scheduled tasks on the DHCP/DNS servers. THe problem is that these tasks always fail with the warning in the task log "Task scheduler did not launch task "\ipamdnsprovisioning" because instance " {2......................}" of the same task is already running "

My ipam works fine! the scehduled tasks on the ipam works, i can access my dhcp scopes my addresses my dns servers from the ipam console, everything works. 

I just dont understand what these tasks on the dhcp/dns servers are doing and what they are for? should i worry if they are not working? 

Help please. Thanks a lot

Cheers,

Bahi

Friday, May 19, 2017 2:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Vice123

>>My ipam works fine! the scehduled tasks on the ipam works, i can access my dhcp scopes my addresses my dns servers from the ipam console, everything works. 

If everting works fine, you could just ignore it. It seems like a random disorder.

If you indeed want to know the cause reason, you could check who or which launched the task in the log.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 22, 2017 7:22 AM
  • Hi Vice123

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 8:59 AM
  • Hi Vice123,

Was your issue resolved?

Best Regards,

Candy

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 6:57 AM