Page Fault in non-Paged Area RRS feed

• Question

• Ive had windows 10 for about a month now and its only got this error now, it came up on the BSOD when booting, but now it only flashes for milliseconds before restarting back to POST.

Ive tried System Restore, I was unable to chkdsk /f and now won't let me into the command prompt and doesn't ask me for an admin password at all.

EDIT: I've run memtest86 and it had no problems either, no safe modes work.
    Tuesday, April 7, 2015 12:19 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Since we're completely locked out of the mahcine and Advanced Options doesn't provide any help in this situation, and considering that you've already have everything needed backup, then we might download iso from Microsoft resource, then do a fresh installation.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 10, 2015 1:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you able to successfully login to the system now? If you can, then I would suggest you update the graphic driver or just reinstall as a test.

You can also press shift while clicking the restart power icon on the login screen, this can bring you to the startup troubleshoot mode, then choose startup repair, check if it can help you repair this issue.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 6:44 AM
  • Hello and thank you, Ive so far found no way to get past the windows 10 boot menu, I can't do anything else in it because it doesn't ask for admin password.

As soon as I try to boot the OS it loads briefly, then flashes a BSOD too fast for any reading of errors, then starts over again until the loader decides to try diagnose or auto repair where I get the "Restart" or "Advanced Options" buttons and I'm back to where I started.

I do have everything I need backed up and have half a mind to start again, however. (may or may not get an SSD yet too)

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 12:04 PM
  • Hi,

Since we're completely locked out of the mahcine and Advanced Options doesn't provide any help in this situation, and considering that you've already have everything needed backup, then we might download iso from Microsoft resource, then do a fresh installation.

Regards

Friday, April 10, 2015 1:34 AM