The file ExSec32.dll is incompatible with Micrsoft Office. Install Outlook again. RRS feed

• Question

• I am experiencing the same issue with "The file ExSec32.dll is incompatible with Micrsoft Office". 

I followed Nicolas Li's links to:  http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx & http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/default.aspx, but neither link leads directly to a solution or blog.  They lead to long list of unrelated options. 

Where EXACTLY would I go for a solution.  This error occured after updates last night.  I could reinstall from my software disc but I fear either losing my data or experiencing the same error message again after updates.

I purchased a new computer & MS Small Business with BCM software less than 30 days ago, yet I am already experiencing unexplainable errors.

Please help~!!!!
    Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:19 PM

Answers

• Hi A Tier,

The issue is mainly related to office side. This forum is for Windows side issue. The best place to go is Office Discussion Group. Here I just can share some references with you.

1. Run Office Diagnostics to automatically fix the problem.

1) On the Start menu point to All Programs - Microsoft Office - Microsoft Office
    Tools and then click Microsoft Office Diagnostics
    2) In the Microsoft Office Diagnostics dialog box click Run Diagnostics Again.
    3) Click Start Diagnostics.
    4) After the diagnostic tests have finished running click Continue.
    5) The Microsoft Office Diagnostics help topic on Office Online appears. Reading
    this information is optional.
    6) Browse to the following folder on the hard drive for the OffDiagReport.cab
    file:

\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Office\OffDiag

2. If the issue persits, Try to repair the installation after installing new updates.

How to install the individual 2007 Office features or to repair the installed 2007 Office programs

3. You can download Process Explorer to analyze the exact cause file as well.

Best Regards
    Dale

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:28 AM
    Monday, February 15, 2010 5:23 AM

All replies

• Hi A Tier,

The issue is mainly related to office side. This forum is for Windows side issue. The best place to go is Office Discussion Group. Here I just can share some references with you.

1. Run Office Diagnostics to automatically fix the problem.

1) On the Start menu point to All Programs - Microsoft Office - Microsoft Office
    Tools and then click Microsoft Office Diagnostics
    2) In the Microsoft Office Diagnostics dialog box click Run Diagnostics Again.
    3) Click Start Diagnostics.
    4) After the diagnostic tests have finished running click Continue.
    5) The Microsoft Office Diagnostics help topic on Office Online appears. Reading
    this information is optional.
    6) Browse to the following folder on the hard drive for the OffDiagReport.cab
    file:

\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Office\OffDiag

2. If the issue persits, Try to repair the installation after installing new updates.

How to install the individual 2007 Office features or to repair the installed 2007 Office programs

3. You can download Process Explorer to analyze the exact cause file as well.

Best Regards
    Dale

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:28 AM
    Monday, February 15, 2010 5:23 AM
  • Do you have Office 2003 & 2007 installed?
    If so remove it.

There is a monthly junk email filter update which is incompatible with Office 2007. Hence the error.

After removing Office 2003 the update will no longer be pushed out to your computer.
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 3:40 PM
  • Simply repair Office 2007. Add program files> select outlook> repair> in my case, it fixed the issue.

Or find KB931764. if you can find it, remove that patch.

Thanks

JT

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 12:33 AM