The Dreaded "Error while preparing to send sharing message" Message (Office 365 + Outlook 2016) RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning,

I am writing because a many of my users are reporting the following error message when they try to share their calendar using Outlook 2016 on Office 365:

"Error while preparing to send sharing message"

I can confirm that the error does not happen when I share my calendar, so it seems to only happen to some (but many) clients.

I have looked at several pages dealing with error, but there are so many variations (Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2016, self-hosted Exchange versus Office 365) that I don't really know where to start.  Any help would be appreciated!

Best regards,
    Captain Oblivious II
    Operations Manager

Friday, October 13, 2017 5:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Captain Oblivious II,

Are these users all using the internal Exchange accounts as the default account in Outlook 2016?
    By "Office 365", do you mean your organization is using Exchange Online as the mail sever?

To help narrow down the problem, please try testing with your account on a problematic computer and see if you can still share the calendar as expected.

Besides, please try sharing the calendar via OWA and check the result.

Any findings, please post back at ease.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 16, 2017 7:14 AM