none
Name Server for _msdcs

Question

• Hello

I have 4 server for root dc and 5 server for child dc .

I see in my dc it only one name server for zone _msdcs , do I need add all server root dc and child dc to here ? please suggest help me ? if I don't add then if server contosodc1 failure then all dc remain will normal ?

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 6:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Ngo,

What are your parent and child domain names? Contoso and Corp respectively right? What you are going to do? Why are you adding DCs in contoso.com zone?

Please provide more detail and clear explanation, 

Thank you,

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:33 AM
  • Hi

Start from reading this;

http://blogs.msmvps.com/acefekay/2010/10/01/dns-parent-child-dns-delegation-how-to-create-a-dns-delegation/

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 9:43 AM
  • Hello

Contoso.com : is the same root domain

corp.contoso.com : is the same child domain

Current then all dc working normal not problem , but I read some document then seem must add name server is child dc and root dc to _msdcs under contoso .

please suggest help me ?

Thanks

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:40 PM
  • Hi,
    Please check if all DCs are installed DNS role on it. As far as I know, if the other DCs are not DNS server, there might no name server records for them in the DNS manager console.
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:11 AM
  • Hello

All DCs are installed DNS role and is DNS Server

But _msdcs have only name server is first server and not auto add name server when have new DC.Now do need name server add all dcs child and root to it ?

Thanks

Tien

Friday, April 21, 2017 4:36 PM
  • Then you can add them manually,also make sure port accessibility between parent and child domain.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Friday, April 21, 2017 7:08 PM
  • Thanks for all support , I just finish add name server of child and root Dc to it
    Monday, April 24, 2017 3:58 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, May 5, 2017 12:30 PM