locked
UAG 2010 DirectAccess is not working. RED: Corporate connectivity is not working. Windows is not configured for DirectAccess. Please contact your administrator if this problem persists. RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello, I'm trying to setup and configure UAG-based Direct Access for Windows
    7 using standard procedure and best practices. All prerequisites are in place.
    But Direct Access is not working. I installed Microsoft DirectAccess
    Connectivity Assistant and this tool reporting following issue:

    RED: Corporate connectivity is not
    working.

    Windows is not configured for DirectAccess. Please
    contact your administrator if this problem persists.

    I have 2 interfactes: LAN (internal) and WAN (Internet). Everything seems to
    be configured just fine, but for unknown reason DirectAccess Connectivity
    Assistant reporting this issue (see above).

    Here are some info from the Log:

    netsh int httpstunnel show interfaces

    Interface IPHTTPSInterface
    Parameters
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Role                      
    : server
    URL                        : https://da.mydomain.com:443/IPHTTPS
    Client
    authentication mode : certificates
    Last Error Code            :
    0x0
    Interface Status           : IPHTTPS interface active

    netsh dns show state

    Name Resolution Policy Table Options

    --------------------------------------------------------------------

    Query Failure Behavior                : Always fall back to LLMNR and NetBIOS if the name does not exist in DNS or if the DNS
    servers are unreachable when on a private network

    Query Resolution Behavior             : Resolve only IPv6 addresses for
    names

    Network Location Behavior             : Never use Direct Access settings

    Machine Location                          : Outside corporate network

    Direct Access Settings                   : Not Configured

    DNSSEC Settings                           : Not Configured

    I'm not sure if there is something missing, but this thing just does not
    work.

    Any help would be much appreciated!

    Tuesday, August 7, 2012 5:20 PM

Answers

  • Hi,

    Based on the short output you posted it looks like you installed DCA on your Gateway/UAG server?
    Is this correct?

    That program is supposed to be used on your clients to gather information from them, not on the server.

    Best wishes,
    Jonas Blom


    Jonas Blom | Relevo AB | http://blog.nrpt.se

    • Marked as answer by lync15 Tuesday, August 7, 2012 7:39 PM
    Tuesday, August 7, 2012 7:05 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Based on the short output you posted it looks like you installed DCA on your Gateway/UAG server?
    Is this correct?

    That program is supposed to be used on your clients to gather information from them, not on the server.

    Best wishes,
    Jonas Blom


    Jonas Blom | Relevo AB | http://blog.nrpt.se

    • Marked as answer by lync15 Tuesday, August 7, 2012 7:39 PM
    Tuesday, August 7, 2012 7:05 PM
  • Cool! Never thought about this. Interesting why it even allowed me to install on server running UAG 2010 :-)

    Anyway, thanks for help, I uninstalled this tool from the server and will continue with the client testing phase. I did not actually want to test on client because this error was saying that server is not working so why even bother.

    Thanks!!!


    • Edited by lync15 Tuesday, August 7, 2012 7:40 PM
    Tuesday, August 7, 2012 7:39 PM