Exchange 2013 and SCOM 2016, where are my servers? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

A bit dummy question from a new SCOM user. I put that into my test environment to get my fingers dirty. Have I forgot something very simple, as I have imported the Exchange MPs and from the discovery I could see all Exchange servers. I can only found the Exchange organization on the "Organization diagram". But the servers are not visible at all under Exchange section. Under discovery inventory I can find them and all are green. 

I'm a bit scare to found that some ACL or some other dummy setup is missing :)

Microsoft Monitoring Agent is installed and the service is running.

Petri

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 2:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

This is indeed strange issue with this MP, but it's kinda known. Please try removing and re-importing the MP to see if that works.

Exchange Server 2013 Management Pack - not reporting Operations Manager 2012

Hope this helps

Cheers

Sam (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!)

• Proposed as answer by GouravIN Thursday, April 12, 2018 4:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Petri X Thursday, April 12, 2018 11:14 AM
    Wednesday, April 11, 2018 3:00 PM
  • Eh.. that sounds interesting. Big thanks to show the other thread. I'll try those to see if they helps.

Petri

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 7:29 PM
  • Thank you about this ! Reboot, del MP and import MP back solved the issue.

Do you (or any other) know if this is some kind of more general issue? As I noticed the same problem appeared for Skype's MP as well. Re-installation helps only partly with that.

Petri

Thursday, April 12, 2018 11:14 AM
  • Hey, glad to know it worked.

Not sure about the Skype MP, maybe you can open a separate thread for that?

Cheers

Sam (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!)

Thursday, April 12, 2018 11:39 AM