none
DPM 2010 End User Recovery what to backup RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

We are using DPM 2010 and backing up at Volume levels for our File Services.

Our End User Recovery is not working. What are the best practices for EUR? What exactly we should backup?

Is it Volumes like E:\, F:\ or at Share Level like Depart1, ITdata etc. Please give us some detail information.

Thank you

Abul Hasnat

AbulHasnat

Friday, September 7, 2012 9:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Abul,

If your end user data is located in shares on your file server just protect the file shares. It is not required to protect the entire volumes that the shares reside on.

HTH

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Monday, September 10, 2012 4:49 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you very much for reply. Our User's data are at the Shares. If I backup at the Volume level E:\, F:\, is it "End User Recovery" going to work?

Thank you

Abul Hasnat

AbulHasnat

Monday, September 10, 2012 2:07 PM
  • Hi Abul,

<snip>
     If I backup at the Volume level E:\, F:\, is it "End User Recovery" going to work?
    >snip<

Yes, you can either protect a volume, or individual shares, and DPM will create EUR shares on the DPM server accordingly.  If you have local shadow copies enabled on the protected server, then DPM EUR will not work.  If you run "NET SHARE" on the DPM server, do you see the EUR shares listed ?

Also - make sure SYSTEM account has at least read NTFS permissions on the root of the protected volume.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:10 AM