none
MAP performance question

Question

• Can anyone tell me the kind of overhead I will see on my network when I run this tool? How long does the process take to run on a 800 device network?

Thank you!

Scott

Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:22 PM

Answers

• Q: What is the expected network impact when running the MAP Toolkit?

A: When running inventory, MAP transfers an estimated 512KB to 1MB of data per machine inventoried over the network. The main source of the variance is due to the number of items in the MSI database per machine (how many applications installed, how many patches, and so on).

When running performance metrics collection, the amount of data collected is about 2MB per machine monitored initially and about 18-20KB every 5 minutes per machine monitored. Note that an inventory of each machine targeted for performance metrics collection will be performed if that machine has not been previously inventoried in the database being used by MAP.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 4:34 PM

All replies

• Is there any answer for this or a link somewhere?
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 4:10 PM
  • Q: What is the expected network impact when running the MAP Toolkit?

A: When running inventory, MAP transfers an estimated 512KB to 1MB of data per machine inventoried over the network. The main source of the variance is due to the number of items in the MSI database per machine (how many applications installed, how many patches, and so on).

When running performance metrics collection, the amount of data collected is about 2MB per machine monitored initially and about 18-20KB every 5 minutes per machine monitored. Note that an inventory of each machine targeted for performance metrics collection will be performed if that machine has not been previously inventoried in the database being used by MAP.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 4:34 PM