Bounce Messages: need to remove outdated email domain records from Forefront online - Seeking Microsoft Response RRS feed

• Question

• I don't know if this is the proper forum - kindly point me elsewhere if not.

We need to remove antiquated records for 2 email domains from Microsoft Forefront, which service we used from 2004 (Frontbridge) into 2006. We have clientele who use outlook.com emailing messages to these domains and the messages are bouncing back. The bounce message refers to servers with the names "...frontbridge.com" and "...bigfish.com" (a frontbridge predecessor). A specific message is:

Remote Server returned '<cla-2337-mail3.customer.frontbridge.com #5.0.0 smtp; 554 No relaying allowed - psmtp>'

My concern is that the Forefront servers still reference these two email domains via outdated internal records  and either do not relay or do not send messages to the current dns addresses of these 2 email domains.

I have entered requests into the "Constact Microsoft Services" site at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftservices/contact.aspx more than 2 days ago. As this is a time-sensitive issue and clients are unable to reach us, any help is most appreciated.

Thank you

Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

"need to remove outdated email domain records from Forefront online " - do you mean Forefront Online Protection for Exchange?

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

Monday, May 27, 2013 8:25 AM
  • Yes, I think that's what it may be called now. (It was Frontbridge before Microsoft purchased it in 2005, and shortly after became Forefront, then part of Exchange I believe. It's the online email antivirus/antispam service that filters incoming email for specific domains, then forwards the messages to our IP address(es). There was an online management portal where I could log in.

Thank you for replying!

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:30 PM