none
Hyper-v on windows server 2012 networking issue RRS feed

• Question

• i have a hyperv server running on windows server 2012 platform, and i have a virtual machine configured on it.

i have created 2 virtual switches one for internal LAN and the other one it for WAN access.

this VM  will work as transparent bridge, so i have disabled the Allow Host to share network connection option on both Virtual switches.

now when i disconnect the cable from one interface the virtual switch keeps connected and the virtual machine does not detect that the cable is disconnected.

please advise.

Saturday, April 8, 2017 11:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Housam Muhanna,

Have you try to disable the Firewall and reinstall the Network driver to check?

As far as I know, if we want “disconnect” cable from network adapter of VM, we could uncheck “Connect at power on” in VM Properties.

Also I suggest that we could re-configure Virtual Switch to check.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14359639/hyper-v-kills-internet-connection-when-bridging

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Meanwhile multiple virtual switches can cause quite a bit of processing overhead and issues.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 10, 2017 6:45 AM