locked
Search results not displaying correct last modified date RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello

    I have a bit of a strange issue.  I have a SharePoint site that was upgraded from SP2010 to SP2013.  A document has been created and uploaded into SharePoint on 1 August 2014 and the file has since been edited.  In the search results the last modified date is appearing as '8 January'.  Note that this document was not originally created from a blank one but was instead a Word document that was received by the user and then edited and then uploaded into SharePoint.

    I have checked my locale settings and everything is set to New Zealand.

    I have rerun a full crawl on my search database and this hasn't helped.

    Also, I have multiple sharepoint web applications on my server using the same search service application.  is it best to separate these out?

    Friday, August 8, 2014 2:28 AM

Answers

All replies

  • Hi Martin

    Greetings. pls check the link below. Hope it helps you

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/221df5cf-e218-4824-9754-0bdaddd7cb48/search-results-showing-incorrect-modified-date?forum=sharepointadminprevious


    Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the answer if it helps you

    Friday, August 8, 2014 7:25 AM
  • I did see that link.  Where in the Word document would this metadata be?

    Thanks

    Sunday, August 10, 2014 9:14 PM
  • Hi Martin,

    As I understand, the issue you encountered is the LastModifiedTime displayed incorrect in search result.

    If you go to CA > Search service application > Search schema, in Managed Properties, type LastModifiedTime, then you will get LastModifiedTime property. Click it and you will find the property is mapped to five crawled properties.

    I’d recommend you create a new managed property and only map it to ows_modified property. Then test the issue again.

    http://spvee.wordpress.com/2013/10/09/content-search-web-part-cswp-sort-by-modified-datetime/

    Regards,


    Rebecca Tu
    TechNet Community Support

    Monday, August 11, 2014 9:52 AM
  • Hi Rebecca,

    Thanks for this.  The searching I am using is not based on a web part.  Do I need to create a new web part for searching?  The users can use the search dialog box on the home page and then the search results appear.

    Is it best to have a search service for each web app?

    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 2:26 AM
  • Hi Martin,

    In order to avoid confusion and keep track of troubleshooting steps, we usually troubleshoot one issue per thread in order to find a resolution efficiently. If this is the second question, I’d recommend you open another thread in the relevant forum and provide specific information about the issue. This is will help to get more assistance from our MVP and partners.

    Regards,


    Rebecca Tu
    TechNet Community Support

    Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:17 AM
  • Sorry aobut that Rebecca.

    I made the change as outlined in your post prior and my searches are still not coming up with the correct last modified date which is down as 'a few seconds ago'

    Martin

    Wednesday, August 13, 2014 3:09 AM
  • Hi Martin,

    Here is a link for adding custom refiner in search refinement panel, including date type refine refinabledate:

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/tothesharepoint/archive/2013/11/11/how-to-add-refiners-to-your-search-results-page-for-sharepoint-2013.aspx

    You could refer to it, and map the properties which were mapped to LastModifiedDate properties to custom managed property, such as refinabledate00, 01, 02 etc.

    I'm not sure about the last modified date turns down to "a few seconds ago". Please capture a screenshot of it.

    Regards,


    Rebecca Tu
    TechNet Community Support

    Thursday, August 14, 2014 8:14 AM
  • To fix this problem try re-ordering the crawled property mappings of the
    LastModifiedTime managed property. First start by checking the option to
    “Include content from the first crawled property that is not empty,
    based on the specified order”  then  make the ows_Modified crawled
    property first in the list. Finally do a full crawl. It appears the
    LastSavedDateTime crawled property represents the last modified property in the
    document.

    Blog | SharePoint Field Notes Dev Tools | SPFastDeploy | SPRemoteAPIExplorer

    Friday, August 15, 2014 1:46 AM
  • Hi Steve,

    Thanks for that.  Where do I make those changes?  Do I do that within my search service application?

    Also this is what I am seeing when I hover over my search results.  The last modified date is not appearing properly.

    Friday, August 15, 2014 1:57 AM
  • Yes you can make this change in the search service application under "schema". Make sure and do a full crawl after making the change.

    Blog | SharePoint Field Notes Dev Tools | SPFastDeploy | SPRemoteAPIExplorer

    • Marked as answer by Rebecca Tu Sunday, August 17, 2014 1:16 PM
    Friday, August 15, 2014 2:48 AM
  • I see :)  Thank you! I will give it a go early next week and will let you know how I get on.
    Friday, August 15, 2014 3:55 AM
  • Hi Steve
    I did what you suggested and it worked a treat!  Now my documents are all appearing with their correct modified details.

    You are a legend!

    Monday, August 18, 2014 5:14 AM
  • HI Steve

    This also worked for me. Thanks

    Friday, November 2, 2018 8:22 PM