none
Cant connect to network share after deployment!! Need help Urgentlt! RRS feed

• Question

• So I got this whole mdt pretty down and will be using it to migrate from xp to win7 starting this month for my company. The only issue I have is that after I deploy my image to a test computer I can not connect to a file network share. I can connect to other shares except this one specific one, and that is the one we need on all computers. I built my master image in vmware workstation. I can successfully connect to the share through the VM. On my test pc it does not even prompt me for credentials. if i try and map the drive using different credentials, that does not work either. I can successfully ping it. I am also using the \\ipaddress\share like so. I have released, renewed ip several times and nothing works. I can connect to it if i go into iexplorer using https://ipaddress. but thats it. Any ideas? Ipv6 is also disabled.
    Monday, December 2, 2013 5:10 PM

Answers

• So I got this whole mdt pretty down and will be using it to migrate from xp to win7 starting this month for my company. The only issue I have is that after I deploy my image to a test computer I can not connect to a file network share. I can connect to other shares except this one specific one, and that is the one we need on all computers. I built my master image in vmware workstation. I can successfully connect to the share through the VM. On my test pc it does not even prompt me for credentials. if i try and map the drive using different credentials, that does not work either. I can successfully ping it. I am also using the \\ipaddress\share like so. I have released, renewed ip several times and nothing works. I can connect to it if i go into iexplorer using https://ipaddress. but thats it. Any ideas? Ipv6 is also disabled.

I have fixed my own issue. I started comparing the local gpos to my deployed image gpo and they were changed. I removed the step of apploy gpo package in the task sequence and now everything works. Just wanted to update with problem fixed incase anyone else runs into this issue.
    • Marked as answer by pixa241 Monday, December 2, 2013 8:16 PM
    Monday, December 2, 2013 8:16 PM