Mail gateway admin tasks RRS feed

• Question

• If you have experience in managing large email systems, specific to mail gateway, what will an admin be doing in terms of security/management on a daily basis specific for the mail gateway? If I asked for like the top 5 tasks or top 5 common daily tasks on the gateway can you enlighten me? Our IT seem to have very specific job roles and each manage specific systems, but I just cant really get my head around what they do to keep busy on a daily/weekly basis, so I thought I'd tap into you guys experiences. Mail gateway admin - to keep the gateway secure and well managed, what are they doing on a daily basis?
    Monday, April 30, 2012 12:18 PM

Answers

• Monitor logs - or at least act on any warning messages.

That's what I would say - for daily.

4 more to go.... Hmmm. What else?

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

• Marked as answer by Evan Liu Monday, May 7, 2012 7:19 AM
    Monday, April 30, 2012 10:08 PM
  • Gathering information from diary report and create new special regulation report.

Terence Yu

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 5:27 AM

All replies

• Monitor logs - or at least act on any warning messages.

That's what I would say - for daily.

4 more to go.... Hmmm. What else?

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Monday, April 30, 2012 10:08 PM
  • Gathering information from diary report and create new special regulation report.

Terence Yu

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 5:27 AM