AUDIO DRIVER that would work for me RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a TOSHIBA satellite with Windows 7. I use Fruity Loops Studio & was wondering what the best Audio Driver is I can use, I first used Asio4all & now currently using Realtek HD audio. Thank you :)
    Tuesday, March 24, 2015 8:29 PM

Answers

• LF

You can only use the driver written for your audio card.  Realtek.  Use the newest one available

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, April 2, 2015 1:49 AM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2015 8:37 PM
  • Hi learnfast4getquicker,

As MVP ZigZag mentioned that one driver is only available for specific device or series of devices which has same chipset.

Typically we download drivers for our device from laptop and device manufacturer official website.

Download the newest one.

Regards

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 3:24 AM

All replies

• I Want to know what the best site or way to know what site for what driver updates I need, if not one good site. I used downloaded update driver programs but they all just tell me what drivers are out of date and I have to buy to let it do it for me. I can get each one myself just want to know where and I can use Driver Updater just for notifications. And also because I used Iobit a while while back I believe, or something that did updates for me and after shut down or during update, it cause my pc to blue screen or when I tried turning it on it didn't want to. Driver Update lists these as of now....

#1).TOSHIBA Software modem

#2).Atheros Wireless Network Adapter

#3).Realtek High Definition Audio controllers

#4).Standard Dual Channel PCI  IDE ((it cuts off after IDE and I cant see the rest, but under it says)) Storage Controllers

#5).ATI I/O Communications Processo ((and also cuts off here, not sure if its just Processor or more,but nothing below)) 

• Merged by ZigZag3143x Tuesday, March 24, 2015 8:40 PM Same topic
    Tuesday, March 24, 2015 8:14 PM
  • LF

You can only use the driver written for your audio card.  Realtek.  Use the newest one available

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 8:37 PM
  • Hi learnfast4getquicker,

As MVP ZigZag mentioned that one driver is only available for specific device or series of devices which has same chipset.

Typically we download drivers for our device from laptop and device manufacturer official website.

Download the newest one.

Regards

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 3:24 AM
  • Asio4all is not driver, its software with driver

http://www.asio4all.com/

Did you have any other plug and play device to record sound or any midi instrument devices?

if yes, most of audio professional use device with external soundcard, so the default audio I/O will be set as external soundcard (USB, external soundcard, Bluetooth, Wifi or any connection but mostly USB), so the correct driver from the manufactured site is the best audio driver

example:

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/13-of-the-best-budget-usb-audio-interfaces-570850

if you only use your internal audio soundcard as default audio I/O, your PC manufactured have the best audio driver

• Edited by britishdhez Wednesday, March 25, 2015 5:41 AM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 5:41 AM