Creating Set or/and new members in PCA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to display in a PCA report last 6 months of data. In the cube I have a set/member called current_month witch points the current month.

My goal is to create others members using the set/member current_month and subtract one month to create the set/member previous_month.  I will do the same for the last 6 months...

Ex:

(Current_month) April: already available

(Previous month) March = Current_month -1 month (to create)

February  = Current_month - 2 months (to create)

Does anyone know how to do this with PCA..... I'm trying to use Mdx

Regards

CM

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 2:17 PM

Answers

• Thanks Amanda, I'm using the selector...but I find other issues with selector

Thanks
    Claudia

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 7:28 PM
  • If you're using the Selector, this should be a pretty straightforward task.  Be sure your time dimension is of type "Time" in Analysis Services.  Then when you open hierarchies in that dimension in Selector you'll notice a new filter in the filter list of "by Time".  When you select that you'll see the option to keep "the latest" "n" number of periods.  If you select the Month level in the left hand portion of the dialogue and choose to keep the latest six periods, your set will be the last six months based on the current month.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 11:24 PM

All replies

• Hello Claudia,

You may be able to acheive your desired resulst by using the Lag MDX function.  You can find more information on its syntax within SQL Books Online. 

ProClarity also contains an add-in called the Selector, which would allow you to filter time based on specific conditions. 

HTH

Amanda

Ps:  Another great resource for MDX inquiries is the Analysis Services forum.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:31 PM
  • Thanks Amanda, I'm using the selector...but I find other issues with selector

Thanks
    Claudia

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 7:28 PM
  • If you're using the Selector, this should be a pretty straightforward task.  Be sure your time dimension is of type "Time" in Analysis Services.  Then when you open hierarchies in that dimension in Selector you'll notice a new filter in the filter list of "by Time".  When you select that you'll see the option to keep "the latest" "n" number of periods.  If you select the Month level in the left hand portion of the dialogue and choose to keep the latest six periods, your set will be the last six months based on the current month.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 11:24 PM
  • Thanks Ben..

Monday, April 21, 2008 9:17 PM