Cannot run security update KB967723 and cannot refresh Server Manager RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I tried almost all advice on the web (including installing the udate readiness tool, updating component services.

Still get the update error:Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800b0100: Security Update for Windows (KB967723).

And still can not run Server Manager refresh, neither add/remove Roles etc.
    Here I get an unexpected error refreshing server manager: cannot open an anonymous level security token. (Exception from HRESULT:0x80070543)

Please help,
    Leendert
    • Changed type Tim Quan Tuesday, October 13, 2009 1:50 AM
    • Changed type Tim Quan Monday, October 19, 2009 1:40 AM
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 12:26 AM

Answers

• Dear All,

I solved the issue by restoring the C-drive (OS status) using back-ups to a date before the update was first presented (and failed) and afterwards reinistalled all updates again ... that solved the issue.

Thanks anyway,
    Best regards.
    • Marked as answer by Tim Quan Monday, October 19, 2009 1:40 AM
    Friday, October 16, 2009 8:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please run the System Update Readiness Tool and paste the result in the following logs:

%SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log

%SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

Hope it helps.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Thursday, October 8, 2009 2:56 AM
  • Dear All,

I solved the issue by restoring the C-drive (OS status) using back-ups to a date before the update was first presented (and failed) and afterwards reinistalled all updates again ... that solved the issue.

Thanks anyway,
    Best regards.
    • Marked as answer by Tim Quan Monday, October 19, 2009 1:40 AM
    Friday, October 16, 2009 8:52 PM
  • I was having the same problem but I just downloaded the stand-alone installer http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/confirmation.aspx?familyid=6E46822E-F79D-492D-AD01-EE680AD324F5&displaylang=en and it worked did the trick.

Chris

chris@noodlewrench.com
    Sunday, September 12, 2010 5:00 AM