none
DirectAccess and OCS mixed experience RRS feed

• Question

• We have a working DA solution rolled out to around 5000 end users with around 1000 concurrent users, we've worked through most application compatibility issues, but OCS/Lync is not working for us.  I made a wrong assumption prior to rolling it out thinking that the full functionality of OCS was not available through DA, and only rolled out the IM functionality (which is working for us) I thought we needed to wait until Lync for the full blown edge functionality (which now I understand was wrong).  But now we've got our Lync install out there and we're working for full DA compatibility.  

We have successfully added all the NRPT information because we have found several people that this works for.  We can make audio/video calls, we can make voip calls, we can share desktops, but not for everyone.  I do not know why it isn't working for Everyone... so I guess my question to the group is this:

Has anyone else experienced this issue where the success of either OCS or Lynch over DA is very intermittent and what bit if magic was performed to fix the issue?

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 4:09 PM