New-AdfsLdapServerConnection cmdlet is not recognized in windows server 2016 for AD FS configuration RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to configure AD FS following instruction: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/identity/ad-fs/operations/configure-ad-fs-to-authenticate-users-stored-in-ldap-directories

However I am getting "New-AdfsLdapServerConnection is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet." Can anyone share with me what needs to be done to fix this issue?

The target platform is windows server 2016. Ty!

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 5:10 PM

All replies

• I realized that I have to install AD FS role first before I attempt to configure AD FS. 
    Tuesday, November 20, 2018 6:22 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your question.

Your error about "New-AdfsLdapServerConnection is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet." is caused by the lack of adfs module in your powershell. When you install AD FS role, the adfs module will be installed default in powershell.

Refer the link :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/adfs/new-adfsldapserverconnection?view=win10-ps

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 2:44 AM
  • Understood! Ty for sharing!
    Sunday, November 25, 2018 8:37 PM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? 
    If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,
    Lee

Just do it.

Monday, November 26, 2018 1:22 AM
  • 

Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 6:40 AM