CSOnlineUser Attribute for OnPrem User? RRS feed

• Question

• We are in the midst of setting up hybrid between Skype for Business Online and on-prem lync. Can I check on the following questions on hybrid deployment?

- Should an on-prem user be available when doing a Get-CSOnlineUser?
    From the O365->SfB admin center, the on-prem users are not listed but they are available when searched using Get-CSOnlineUser in PowerShell. There is a ADDC sync between on-prem AD and AAD.

- Is there any way of updating the 'HostingProvider' attribute for a user in SfB user information?
    We realized that we need the 'HostingProvider' to be of SRV: for an on-prem user so that IM/Presence would work properly.

Thank you!

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 10:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Ham Gao Wei,

If you run the Get-CsOnlineUser, it will only return the information about users who have accounts homed on SFB Online. This cmdlet can only be used with Skype for Business Online.

If you want to change the HostingProviderProxyFqdn ,You could try to use following cmd. 

If the user in AD ,you could try to find the user , change the attribute like the following screenshot

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 3:20 AM
  • Hi Leon,

Thanks for the reply!

Does 'accounts homed on SFB Online' means account that have been migrated to SfBO?
    When I run the command in SFBO, it does return me with user that have not been migrated over to SFBO. 

Yes, the user is in AD. However, updating the msRTCSIP-deploymentlocator attribute also changed to 'InterpretedUserType' too and will cause problem in the hybrid setup for us. Is there any other way besides updating the AD or possible to stop the 'InterpretedUserType' from updating?

Thank you.

Regards,

Gao Wei

Thursday, December 28, 2017 7:23 AM
  • Hi Ham Gao Wei,

You could check the register pool of migrating user on the on-premise SFB control pannel like the following screenshot.

I can not find stop the 'InterpretedUserType' from updating

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 1, 2018 4:56 AM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 7:04 AM