none
Replace Value in Another Column dependent on the current column RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've been splitting URLs by delimiter (e.g. xyz.com\Root\SubRoot\SubsubRoot\).

Then using this to in conjunction with the Page Title to plot frequencies etc. There are however some URLs that are not Page Titled correctly because they use the roots Page Name because of parameters in URLs?ID=XXXX.

I want to replace the Page title value for each subsubroot column where "?ID=xxx" with the a constant string.

E.g. Page URL                            | Sub ROute  | Page Title

Mywebsite.com/noodles?id=xxxx| Noodles      |  Home Page      <- Wrong

Mywebsite.com/noodles              | Noodles      |  Noodles Page          <- Right

the rule would look something like this: Where subroute = Noodles Replace Page Title with Noodles Page

Any ideas?

Thursday, February 23, 2017 2:31 PM

Answers

• You can try the following:

1) Split the PageURL-column with ? as a separator. This will return a second column with values only for Noodles (if that's not the case, add a conditional column, which checks if Sub Route is "Noodles" -> then split URL)

2) Create a new column with the following condition: if "NewColumn" <> null then [NameOfColumnWithFirstURLstring]&YourConstantTextString else [NameOfColumnWithFirstURLstring]

Imke Feldmann TheBIccountant.com

Monday, February 27, 2017 6:26 PM

All replies

• You can try the following:

1) Split the PageURL-column with ? as a separator. This will return a second column with values only for Noodles (if that's not the case, add a conditional column, which checks if Sub Route is "Noodles" -> then split URL)

2) Create a new column with the following condition: if "NewColumn" <> null then [NameOfColumnWithFirstURLstring]&YourConstantTextString else [NameOfColumnWithFirstURLstring]

Imke Feldmann TheBIccountant.com

Monday, February 27, 2017 6:26 PM
  • Thanks, yeah I did that then deleted the column.
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:12 PM