none
Connect Automatically setting, can it me enforced via GPO or registry setting? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have a number of Windows 8 and 8.1 tablets that use 3G to connect to our corp network.  We woudl like to make sure this connection has the "Connect Automatically" setting enabled.  I am using the Group Policy Manager on a Windows 2012 server and can't see tha tit can be changed, but does anyone know the registry path for this as I can then use the GPO to replace this setting?

Thanks

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can use the software for 3G to connect automatically.

If you use a registry setting to enforce it ,you can use tool to caputre the key.

But we cannot connect automatically.

So,I suggest you use third-party software for 3G manufacturer.

Monday, February 3, 2014 9:41 AM
  • It seems to use Windows 8 to connect automatically and once connected it stays like that which is good.  I used Procmon to see what registry setting might get changed, but it is impossible to find as a 2 second run shows 100s of lines of info.

Time to give up on this.

Monday, February 3, 2014 9:56 AM
  • Hi,

I suggest you use Regshot tool to compare the registry setting .

Regards,

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 1:50 AM
  • Regshot was much better, but still could not find it, maybe it is a file change instead?  Is there a similar tool for file changes?
    Tuesday, February 4, 2014 12:18 PM
  • hello TB303,

I have the same case and looking to find registry key/settings that allow to force auto-connect/roaming connection on mobile connection.

Did you find the keys ?

thanks.

Friday, September 9, 2016 9:51 AM