ProClarity 6.3 from 6.2 upgrade issues RRS feed

• Question

• After completely uninstalling ProClarity 6.2 PAS and Web Professional from the server and Web Professional from my client PC and installing the 6.3 version + latest Hotfix for each, I am encountering the following issues:

1.  Web Professional on server in add/delete programs is 6.3 version

2.  When I click Check for Downloads on the server, the Download components box has Web Professional greyed out as it is already loaded on the server, but the other Optional Components are all version 6.2

3.  When I try to load Web Professional 6.3 on my client PC by connecting to the server URL, the Download components box shows the Professional version as 6.2.  I tried to load it anyway because I thought it might be a mistake and might actually load 6.3.  However, my client PC tries to connect to another server where I had originally loaded Web Professional.  That other server is running 6.2. 

4.  I have reloaded several times on the server to try to fix the 6.2 problem in the Download Components box, but now notice that the Event Viewer is not showing up in the Analytics Server Administration tool.  I don't remember if it was there on my initial install of 6.3.

My questions are:

1.  Why is the Download Components box showing version 6.2

2.  How do I stop my client PC from trying to connect to the original 6.2 source server (not the same as this one)

3.  How can I get the Event Viewer to show up in Analytics Server Adminstration tool

Uninstalling and reinstalling is causing issues with unregistered dlls not getting deleted in the uninstall.  I don't know if this is causing some issues.  I would like to know if anybody else has encountered these issues trying to upgrade from 6.2 to 6.3.

Thursday, March 6, 2008 4:34 PM

Answers

• Hello.  It sounds as if some of the 6.2 components are leftover after upgrading to version 6.3.  One thing to try would be removing all published components from PAS, then delete any leftover GUID files in the 'PASUploads' directory.  After that is done when you go to check for downloads there should be none.  Republish the components and see if they work correctly at that point.

For #2, is it the 6.2 professional client that is trying to connect to the previous server or the download of the file?  If so it's probably attempting the last known connection.  If that's the case you could switch what server it is connecting to by going to File>Open Cube and then changing the server name.

For the issue of the event viewer not showing up - you can open the 'Analytics Server Administration Tool' console and re-add it.  To do this launch MMC, then File>Open then navigate to 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProClarity\Server\Admin Tools\Analytics Server Administration Tool.msc'.  After that is open click File>Add/Remove Snap-ip and add the missing snap-in.

hope this helps,

Friday, March 7, 2008 6:18 PM
  • Yes, this helped. 

I deleted all of the components under the components folder via the Administrative tool.  They were all 6.2 components that did not uninstall via add/remove programs.  There were no related GUIDs for them in the PASUploads directory, however. 

The Event Viewer was listed as a snap in in mmc, but it wasn't showing up.  It still would not show up when I removed it and re-added it.  However, I was getting an error message when trying to reinstall the 6.3 version of the components, so I ended up re-installing all of the PAS software.  When I rebooted after that, the Event Viewer showed up again and I was able to see the 6.3 version of Web Professional when accessing with my PC.  My PC did not try to go to the previous server where I had loaded 6.2 (like it did before), and I was able to successfully load Professional 6.3.

I think all is well now, but when I upgrade our Prod server I might first manually remove the components and make sure they are gone before removing PAS 6.2 and Web Professional via add/remove programs.  This is what initially caused my issues, ie, add/remove programs did not remove all of the 6.2 components even though it indicated 6.2 Web Professional was gone and 6.3 was there in its place when looking at the add/remove programs listing.  In reality, parts of 6.2 and 6.3 were there together. 

Thanks for your assistance. 

Monday, March 10, 2008 3:25 PM

All replies

• Hello.  It sounds as if some of the 6.2 components are leftover after upgrading to version 6.3.  One thing to try would be removing all published components from PAS, then delete any leftover GUID files in the 'PASUploads' directory.  After that is done when you go to check for downloads there should be none.  Republish the components and see if they work correctly at that point.

For #2, is it the 6.2 professional client that is trying to connect to the previous server or the download of the file?  If so it's probably attempting the last known connection.  If that's the case you could switch what server it is connecting to by going to File>Open Cube and then changing the server name.

For the issue of the event viewer not showing up - you can open the 'Analytics Server Administration Tool' console and re-add it.  To do this launch MMC, then File>Open then navigate to 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\ProClarity\Server\Admin Tools\Analytics Server Administration Tool.msc'.  After that is open click File>Add/Remove Snap-ip and add the missing snap-in.

hope this helps,

Friday, March 7, 2008 6:18 PM
  • Yes, this helped. 

I deleted all of the components under the components folder via the Administrative tool.  They were all 6.2 components that did not uninstall via add/remove programs.  There were no related GUIDs for them in the PASUploads directory, however. 

The Event Viewer was listed as a snap in in mmc, but it wasn't showing up.  It still would not show up when I removed it and re-added it.  However, I was getting an error message when trying to reinstall the 6.3 version of the components, so I ended up re-installing all of the PAS software.  When I rebooted after that, the Event Viewer showed up again and I was able to see the 6.3 version of Web Professional when accessing with my PC.  My PC did not try to go to the previous server where I had loaded 6.2 (like it did before), and I was able to successfully load Professional 6.3.

I think all is well now, but when I upgrade our Prod server I might first manually remove the components and make sure they are gone before removing PAS 6.2 and Web Professional via add/remove programs.  This is what initially caused my issues, ie, add/remove programs did not remove all of the 6.2 components even though it indicated 6.2 Web Professional was gone and 6.3 was there in its place when looking at the add/remove programs listing.  In reality, parts of 6.2 and 6.3 were there together. 

Thanks for your assistance. 

Monday, March 10, 2008 3:25 PM
  •  

Glad to hear you resolved the issue.  That's really odd that the Event Viewer would not appear - even when it was added to the console.  When you upgrade PAS from 6.2 to 6.3 you could also delete the PAS folder in the inetpub\wwwroot folder.  The components are stored there in the PASUploads directory, and deleting the entire PAS folder would ensure a clean install with no components or library files left behind.

Monday, March 10, 2008 9:55 PM
  • Thanks for all of your assistance.   I will follow your advice and clear out the PASUploads directory when I upgrade the prod server. 

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 7:50 PM