Can't import Facebook brthdays to Outlook.com RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to move away from using Gmail Calendar and use Outlook.com. For some reason I can't import Facebook birthdays. Events import fine, but birthdays don't.

Is there any problem Microsoft is experiencing?

Thanks,

Wojciech

Friday, January 20, 2017 1:29 PM

Answers

• Thank you for the update. Since we are not sure if there is any limitation from the Facebook side when importing birthdays into Outlook.com, I'd recommend you contact the support for Facebook to confirm this.

In addition, since this forum is for questions and feedback related to Outlook desktop applications, if you think it's more related to Outlook.com side, I'd recommend you post a new question to the forum dedicated to Outlook.com to get further assistance:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by rozanw Tuesday, February 7, 2017 9:00 AM
    Friday, January 27, 2017 3:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Wojciech,

You may try the following steps and see if it helps:

1. Login to your Facebook and click on the Events link in your Favorites section on the left.

2. In the box at the bottom of the right sidebar, right click on the “Birthdays” link and select Copy shortcut.

3. Now login to your Outlook.com in browser and go to the Calendar module.

4. Click Add calendar next to the New button, click From Internet.

5. Paste the copied address in step 2 in the "Link to the calendar" box and specify a name to the calendar.

6. Click Save.

Since this issue is more related to Facebook, if you need further assistance on this issue, I'd recommend you contact the support for Facebook for more dedicated support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan 

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Steve Fan Monday, January 23, 2017 8:39 AM
    Monday, January 23, 2017 8:38 AM
  • Hi Steve,

This is what I have been doing. And the exact procedure works for the Facebook Events.

The fact that I can import birthdays using the exact same method to my Google Calendar, makes me think that this is actually a Microsoft issue, not a Facebook one.

Will keep looking.

Thanks,

Wojciech

Monday, January 23, 2017 1:46 PM
  • Thank you for the update. Since we are not sure if there is any limitation from the Facebook side when importing birthdays into Outlook.com, I'd recommend you contact the support for Facebook to confirm this.

In addition, since this forum is for questions and feedback related to Outlook desktop applications, if you think it's more related to Outlook.com side, I'd recommend you post a new question to the forum dedicated to Outlook.com to get further assistance:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

• Marked as answer by rozanw Tuesday, February 7, 2017 9:00 AM
    Friday, January 27, 2017 3:59 PM
  • Hi Steve,

I wasn't aware that there is a separate board for Outlook.com. I've posted my question there. Thanks for the directions. 

Kind regards,

Wojciech

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 9:00 AM