Assigning public certificate to Exchange 2010 POP3/S RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I have Exchange 2010 (single server with 4 roles) with named xyz.com. It works well with self signed certificate for POP3/SSL. Recently we updated the UCC SAN certificate from godaddy and implemented for pop, activesync, autodiscover, webaccess and Outlook anywhere.

I am facing two issues with my mail server:

one is outlook anywhere isn't working fine, when i tried with testexchangeconnectivity.com i got the following.

Testing HTTP Authentication Methods for URL https://mail01.xyz.com/rpc/rpcproxy.dll?MAIL.xyz.com:6002.

The HTTP authentication test failed.

Additional Details
    A Web exception occurred because an HTTP 404 - NotFound response was received from IIS7.

secondly pop3/ssl does not work after importing the certificate and removing the self signed certificate from exchange 2010 console. Again i created self signed certificate in exchange then it started working. I want the pop3/ssl working with the public certificate which i bought.

Please help how to resolve this issue.

Regards, Ganesh, MCTS, MCP, ITILV2 This posting is provided with no warranties and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer and Vote as Helpful on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Edited by aganesh007 Sunday, December 2, 2012 6:55 PM
    Sunday, December 2, 2012 6:54 PM

Answers

• http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvradminlegacy/thread/9431202c-7c94-4f3f-be76-f39a5659efd8

Review this article.

Om

**My posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind**

• Marked as answer by aganesh007 Tuesday, September 10, 2013 2:50 PM
    Tuesday, December 25, 2012 3:43 PM

All replies

• Quick question:

OWA works OK with the new cert? No error messages?

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

• Unmarked as answer by aganesh007 Tuesday, September 10, 2013 2:50 PM
    Sunday, December 2, 2012 7:59 PM
  • owa, activesync perfectly works well

Regards, Ganesh, MCTS, MCP, ITILV2 This posting is provided with no warranties and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer and Vote as Helpful on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sunday, December 2, 2012 9:28 PM
  • Hi,

Do you publish the outlook anywhere to internet with a reverse proxy? If yes, please refer the following article to check if you configure the reverse correctly:http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=8946

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sean Xiao
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Monday, December 24, 2012 2:37 AM
    Monday, December 3, 2012 9:21 AM
  • OWA, POP3/S works fine, MAPI too works fine internally. I want to bring up RPC over HTTP but am getting error we have firewall in place where in it allows all the port respectively. I am still facing problem with RPC over HTTM

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 3:26 PM
  • http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvradminlegacy/thread/9431202c-7c94-4f3f-be76-f39a5659efd8

Review this article.

Om

**My posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind**

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 3:43 PM